Translate

Monday, June 3, 2013

JUST FOR FUN. . .



For the next ten days I will be entertaining house guests.  Since I  want to spend as much time with them as possible, but also squeeze in a visit or two with you, I decided to keep this post short and sweet.

Last week I purchased a couple of wooden Birdcage cutouts from Michael's craft store ($3.99 each) and had my 7 year old granddaughter paint them for me. 

We used black chalkboard paint because it was handy, and because as silhouettes, we thought they would add a touch of whimsy to our front porch. 
Didn't she do a great job and don't they look sweet?      Thank you, Katie!

I've had this antique, child's ice cream set for years.  Last year I used it in the garden "as is."   However, this year I decided to give it a little pizazz and protect it from the elements, by painting it.  I used a couple of cans of Krylon spray paint.  It only took a few minutes to sand and paint and about an hour to dry!  I love the color, but now I have to search out the perfect spot for it in the garden.

 
Thanks for stopping by!

                                      ~Norma Jean~


 


No comments:

Post a Comment